Re: PATCH: $SECS

Clint Adams wrote:
> With the following patch, you can do
>
> strftime "%d-%m-%y" $SECS
>
> Is it worth having the second argument be optional?

I think that would be reasonable.

> Is SECS too generic a name?

More than that, I think it's too close to the existing SECONDS, and
doesn't give you enough of a hint about seconds since when.  Something
with a vague note that it gives seconds since the epoch would be good.
It's not going to be used on the command line much, so it doesn't have
to be short.  How about CALTIME (since it's tied to time()), CALSECONDS,
EPOCHTIME, EPOCHSECONDS, ...?

By the way, I'm away for a week from tomorrow.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxx