Re: Zstyle persistence

    Hi Bart :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> It just occurred to me that it might be useful to have zstyles
> automatically saved on shell exit, like history.  I can't decide if
> it'd be a good idea to automatically reload them, though -- an
> explicit "zstyle -R" in a startup file might be preferable.

    If this is done, be sure than then I *will* use zstyle to store
state information }:)))

    Seriously, this is a pretty good idea, although I think that the
automatic reload is a good thing. Make persistence optional, but
optional in both ends: saving and reloading. If style persistence is
active, then both save and reload automatically. If it's disabled,
don't save nor reload automatically. This can be controlled by an
option (persistent_styles maybe?), like history.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736