Re: Strange problem with ulimit

Hi Bart ;),

On Nov 09 at 09:21:36, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> [Hmm, I don't seem to have received the first message in this thread.]

I won't be surprised that some messages are lost at the mail servers.
These last days i'm being hitted (again) by the infamous "Microsoft
support" virus, and i guess several mail servers are being bombed too...

> The "ulimit" builtin is not a full-fledged builtin -- it's supplied by
> the zsh/rlimits module.

Aha, i didn't know that it was supplied by the rlimits module...

> Even though that module is normally linked to
> the base executable (rather than dynamically loaded),

Are there more builtins with this behavior?

> Modules are zmodload'd automatically at startup only when the shell is
> invoked as zsh.  This is to prevent clashes with command and variable
> names used e.g. by "sh" scripts that are expecting a clean namespace.

Ok, thanks for the info. I justed wanted to know if it was a expected
behavior or some kind of bug.

Cheers,

--
David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
 whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra