Re: PATCH: terminfo horor

Mads Martin Joergensen wrote:
> How can I test this patch? I can build zsh packages both with and
> without ncurses, but I don't know how to test if they work or not?
>
> If all the make test tests are successful?

If you don't have curses, the shell should build successfully without
building terminfo.so --- nothing more to test.

If you do have curses, it should build successfully and produce a
terminfo.so which, after installation, is loadable.  You can test it
from the newly installed shell like this:

zmodload zsh/terminfo
echoti cols

which should output a number, but anything other than a linking error or
`feature not available' is good news.

Any feedback is very useful.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com