Re: the watch variable

[On 15 Dec, @19:24, Bart wrote in "Re: the watch variable ..."]
> On Dec 14,  1:04am, Miek Gieben wrote:
> }
> }  WATCHFMT='At %T %n has %a from %M.'
> }  watch=( notme )
> }
> } And I notice that the login times are correct, i.e. it is the time
> } that the person actually logged in. But the log off times are wrong.
> } I'm seeing the current time in stead of the actual time someone logged
> } off.
> }
> } Is this a bug?
>
> No, though I suppose you could call it a misfeature.
>
> Zsh only examines the most recent 50 records when determining login/out
> times, because searching the entire wtmp file would take far too long.
> So if there's a lot of activity on the system, the record for the person
> in question may have been pushed beyond 50-record region, and zsh falls
> back to the current time.
>
> If that doesn't seem to explain what you're seeing, let zsh-workers know.

[ I'm cc workers now, i'm not subscribe to workers so plz cc me ]

If what you are saying is correct, why I'm seeing this:

[0:16|elektron ~]
%
At 12:39 AAA has logged off from node-c
At 5:41 AAA has logged on from node-c
At 12:37 BBBBB has logged on from 50-208.bbned
[12:39|elektron ~]
%

The log-on times are remembered, the log-off time are always the current time.
Is there a problem on my system with the wmtp file, or something?

grtz
      Miek
--
fingerprint = E1EB 29B8 8FA2 2923 62B8  0A2B 64B8 F15C 7764 AB4B
http://miek.nl/about.html