Re: zpty and sutff

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 07:56:18PM +0100, DervishD wrote:
>     Maybe PTY handling is the problem, but if I run the test as you
> say, the test is indeed more verbose but hangs anyway :( It stops at:
>
>     comptestinit -z $ZTST_testdir/../Src/zsh &&
>     {
>         mkdir dir1
>         mkdir dir2
>         touch file1
>         touch file2
>     }
>
>     Don't know why 'comptestinit' stops there :??
>
>     BTW, I have /dev/ptmx AND /dev/ptyp? so the test shouldn't fail
> even if zsh thinks I don't have the PTY multiplexer :?

Hi,

I've got rather similar problem with pty handling (zpty).
Last year I pached zsh to use "native" glibc calls (getpt(3) and so on)
and posted a patch to this list.  The patch was non-portabe, though.

What is the output of the following commands with zsh you've built?

zmodload zsh/zpty
zpty job1 date
zpty -r job1