Re: Test Failures from latest CVS sources

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:37:06PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> It's very likely to be the continuing ptmx saga.  I shouldn't worry too
> much until we get that sorted out.

Yes, this seems to be the cause.  I had made the manual tweak of
commenting out the HAVE_DEV_PTMX define in config.h (as suggested by
Bart) in order to get rid of a hang in the tests, and reverting that
change on one of my two test systems does cause the early Y* tests to
start failing again.  Strangely, reverting this change on the other test
system I was using (which I did try last night) did not cause these
failures (just the aforementioned hang), so I had assumed that this
change was unrelated to the failures based on that.  Instead, it just
appears to affect different Linux setups differently.

..wayne..