Re: Mac OS X 10.3 again [was: PATCH: zpty on HP/UX]

It seems that Darwin 7 has included dlcompat for at least six months (as
shown by /usr/include/dlfcn.h and the dl* man apges). So, this may
partly explain the success of zsh in Mac OS X 10.3. However, a few weeks
ago we saw on one of the zsh lists that zpty does not work in 10.2
(Client version) when dlcompat is available. I guess Oliver's recent
experiences with 10.2 (Server version) confirms that. Whether this means
10.2 is a lost cause, I don't know, but I'm guessing that Darwin 7 is
sufficiently "fixed" that zsh works out of the box. (I have not had
trouble compiling zsh or testing zpty under 10.3.x.) If Apple did not
provide zpty in 10.2 then perhaps there are no patches for zsh per se.
[Now reading Oliver's latest post.] I will try compiling zsh from CVS
tonight, if no one else posts about it.