Re: PATCH: (3) - FreeBSD compatability issue resolved

Vincent Stemen wrote:
> Just following up with a status report.  I did further testing, running the
> FreeBSD boot and shutdown scripts and, so far as I can tell, everything is
> working great as a plug in replacement for /bin/sh now.  Nice work!

Splendid.

> The only minor thing I noticed is some warnings I get when I compile:
>
> parameter.c: In function `scanpmparameters':
> parameter.c:191: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict
> -aliasing rules
> parameter.c: In function `scanpmcommands':
> parameter.c:330: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict
> -aliasing rules
>
> ...etc, etc.

Yes, we really need to do something... however, I'm not yet convinced
anyone quite knows what.  Wayne's theory is that some casts to (void *)
are good enough.  Alternatively, --fno-strict-aliasing would probably be
OK.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com