Re: PATCH: zsh-4.2.1: unset does not follow spec

We discussed this problem with unset before.  I don't think we were
interested enough to do anything about it.  However, I think the
requirement that unsetting an unset variable isn't an error is explicit.

It's a question (I'm sure I or someone said this last time) of whether
you want to know whether the variable was unset by the call, or was in
an unset state at the end of the call.  I can see why you might consider
the latter more useful.  After all, you wouldn't want setting a variable
to fail if it was already set.

The zsh documentation isn't explicit about the return status.  So I
wouldn't think there's any harm in the change.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com