Re: UTF-8 support

Hi Peter ;),

> > I've been searching in the list archives and in zsh documentation, for
> > the subject question, with little success. From what i understand, there
> > is some kind of partial utf-8 support in zsh... My doubts are: Are there
> > plans to add full utf-8 support to zsh/zle? Is currently somebody
> > working on it?
>
> Unfortunately, we get lots and lots of questions like this, but nobody
> has offered to take the (probably considerable) time to do it.

So i conclude from your response that nobody is working on it ;).
I understand the time problem, everybody is short on time, including
myself. The thing is that i have zero knowledge about zsh source,
and this seems a good time to start some source reading ;). I don't
want to go back to the readline hell ;) to have full utf-8 support.

But i need help to know where to start. What parts of zsh would need
to be worked on, only zle? Is there already, some kind of, although
minimal, support for utf-8? Also, if you know from some documentation
about zsh internals, besides from source ;), please point me to it.

Thanks,

--
David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra