Re: Some groundwork for Unicode in Zle

I have committed the patch to lay some groundwork for Unicode, and
updated the version in the archive to 4.2.3-dev-1.

To recap, I'm hoping it will be possible to change the zle line
variable, now zleline, to use wchar_t, while keeping a multibyte string
in the main shell, and probably completion for now (since completion
interacts with the main shell).  Any relaxing of assumptions about the
environment can happen once this is basically working.

It should now be possible to locate all uses of the key zle variables
zleline, zlecs, zlell by name.  Earlier versions of the patch
incorrectly renamed other uses of ll and line.  I think I've caught all
these, but the completion code used a large number of internal variables
with the same names.

Trapping and converting all direct or indirect uses of zlecs (cursor
position) and zlell (line length) outside the core zle code to use the
correct position with a multibyte string is likely to be a nightmare.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com