zsh 4.2.3 behavior under clearcase

Ever since upgraded from 4.2.1 to 4.2.3.  I noticed some strange
behavior, part of my .zshrc file is not executed and the shell just
quit process the rest of the script from some arbitrary point.  This
does not happen all the time, just occasionally when running inside
the clearcase.

Some more general questions:

* do I have to recompile all the *.zwc files?  Are they compatible
  from zsh upgrade?
* the zsh was built on solaris 2.6 and used on 2.6, 2.8.  Is there
  a reason to build a OS version specific zsh?

Any idea how should I handle this case?  TIA.