Re: Is this a bug for zsh 4.2.3?

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Hrm.  I don't have much either, I'm in the midst of an unpleasant chest
> cold.  What's involved nowadays?  If, for example, I set up a patches
> branch in CVS, can you make tarfiles to put wherever?  (Or are we now
> trying to avoid having a patches branch?)

I would think so...

> Though it would be nice to get the Cygwin patches for the configure
> scripts (mentioned by someone last week) in there as well.

I haven't seen what's involved (it seems to compile so I don't know
what the problem is).

> Meanwhile, what's the scheme nowadays for version numbering the dev
> versions in CVS?  It's presently 4.2.3-dev-1, but it seems like it
> should be either 4.3.0-dev-1 or 4.2.4-dev-1.

We keep the individual sets of digits in a logical order, so 4.2.3-dev-1
is after 4.2.3.  This makes automated version testing work (is_at_least,
for example).  Test versions break this but they're supposed to be short
lived (using 4.2.3-test-A would work and I think I've done something like
that in the past).

The other fix is to sacrifice a version number that will never be released.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com