Re: Patch for 4.2.3 building on Cygwin

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> "Peter A. Castro" wrote:
> > Cygwin updates against zsh-4.2.3.  See attached diffs:
>
> Thanks, we've already made some rearranagements and included a FIFO
> patch with the same effect, so the following is the change against the
> head of the main line.

Great!

> Did you really mean to remove the test
>
> AC_CHECK_LIB(iconv, iconv)
>
> for all systems other than Cygwin?  As far as I can see if iconv really
> is a separate library it will find the header, compile in the code, and
> then fail to link.  However, I may be missing something.

Argh!  Wrong patch!  Sorry!  I'd made several attempts at hacking
configure.ac and somehow included the wrong hunk in the patch.

So, keep the AC_CHECK_LIB(iconv, iconv) and just add the check for
AC_CHECK_LIB(iconv, libiconv) if $host_os=cygwin.

Very sorry!

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or <Peter.Castro@xxxxxxxxxx>