Re: 4.2.4 failure on MacOS X

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>> gcc -Wl,-x   -o zsh main.o  `cat stamp-modobjs`   -L/sw/lib -lpcre -ldl
>> -ltinfo -lm  -lc
>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>> _libiconv
>> _libiconv_close
>> _libiconv_open
>
> I'd like to know what happens if it's compiled without pcre.  I was a bit
> leery when I saw that "-L" option being inserted by pcre-config, and I
> wonder if it's not a library ordering issue (e.g. -ldl should come before
> -lpcre or some such).

Could be similar, but I don't think it's quite that.  I can see libiconv
in /sw/lib on ppc-sx2.cf.sourceforge.net, but there's no pcre there.
-liconv should presumably be present to get it to link properly; the
missing symbols do seem to be there.  It's possible the pcre bit is
somehow getting rid of -liconv.  I don't see how that could happen,
however.  The line output into configure is simply

if test x$enable_pcre = xyes; then
  LIBS="`pcre-config --libs` $LIBS"
fi

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.