Re: revisiting history-file rewriting

On Mar 16, 12:40pm, Wayne Davison wrote:
}
} This patch adds the option HIST_OVERWRITE that is off by default.

I'm OK with this, though I think the documentation should explain in
more detail how it interacts with APPEND_HISTORY, INC_APPEND_HISTORY,
and SHARE_HISTORY.

Also, I know the "new" convention is to use a HIST_ prefix, but it
would be nice to be consistent with APPEND_HISTORY et al.  We already
have HIST_APPEND; while we're at it, perhaps we add HIST_APPEND_INC,
HIST_SHARE, and OVERWRITE_HISTORY with appropriate aliasing?