Re: revisiting history-file rewriting

On Thursday 17 March 2005 05:49, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 02:09:43AM +0000, Geoff Wing wrote:
> > Didn't we used to do $HISTFILE.<pid> ?  Is that out of favour?
>
> We used to use that idiom as a stepping stone to creating a
> $HISTFILE.LOCK file, but now days we use the gettempfile() function
> instead (since this avoids a potential problem with the same pid being
> allocated on different hosts).

If you mention it.

I have a bunch of

-rw-------   1 bor  bor        0 Feb 27 22:06 .zsh_history.G4hj3H
-rw-------   1 bor  bor       27 Feb 23 14:46 .zsh_history.H4YHV6
-rw-------   1 bor  bor       28 Mar 13 10:53 .zsh_history.H6UJsW

with contents like

9354 localhost.localdomain

(yes, it is my system name; I installed it three years ago to give a short try
and it stuck).

how can I get rid of them?

-adrey