Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Zsh clears prompt line. Feature or bug?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 21111
- From: Joel Kaasinen <joel.kaasinen@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Joel Kaasinen <joel.kaasinen@xxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Zsh clears prompt line. Feature or bug?
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 21:01:58 +0300
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:references; b=PmaI9jGZ6xkQGGLIv7QgHYk5Q83LkmFKv4ag4uQncZro0y1+cXtE0TkMEbU/FLJymC0XBTMiK6X9T1fhbE/4SNkGwWRdNzz/X9w/AeJMqK2L8P2YurkmLIGtE+QiHjmKOT9ITEfbWuEsBx+ySkypcnDKy4XHIeGU+gsIUyR/dYA=
- In-reply-to: <20050407172756.GA16416@DervishD>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <1dc4e3890504061159601fb049@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20050407172756.GA16416@DervishD>
- Reply-to: Joel Kaasinen <joel.kaasinen@xxxxxxxxx>
Thanks. Now I can be sure that zsh totally rules :)
I browsed the faq before posting and didn't notice a mention of this.
PS. I also updated the zsh vs bash section on my homepage:
On Apr 7, 2005 8:27 PM, DervishD <zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Joel :)
> * Joel Kaasinen <joel.kaasinen@xxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> > I changed form bash to zsh some time ago and it's been a pleasure to
> > use zsh. Except for one thing that irks me: Zsh clears the contents of
> > the line the prompt gets printed on. An example:
> > % echo -n "foo"
> > %
> > Bash handles this (IMO) more gracefully:
> > $ echo -n "foo"
> > foo$
> > The question is: can I turn this off in zsh? Is it a feature or a bug?
> Feature. Try 'setopt nopromptcr'. I think this is in the FAQ.
> Anyway I think this is, by far, the most asked question in this list
> Hope that helps :)
> Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
> Linux Registered User 88736
> http://www.dervishd.net & http://www.pleyades.net/
> It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to...
Messages sorted by: