Re: Very wierd output problems

On Jul 11, 10:40am, Wayne Davison wrote:
}
} I think we should take this solution and turn it into a zsh option that
} is enabled by default for interactive sessions.  Perhaps name it
} PRE_PROMPT_SPACES.  Can anyone see a problem with that?

Given that promptcr is a ZLE-specific option already, and ZLE generally
has to know how wide the terminal is, I'd say this seems reasonable --
but it's going to cause strange behavior for anyone who already has made
the FAQ-suggested alteration to precmd.

As for the name:  It's not PRE_PROMPT_CR, so I don't think the PRE_ is
needed.  I'm agnostic on whether _SPACES is the best suffix.

Also, it should perhaps be mutually exclusive with SINGLE_LINE_ZLE.  I'm
not convinced of that, but ...