Re: PATCH: PROMPT_SP

On Jul 15, 10:55am, Wayne Davison wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: PROMPT_SP
}
} feel free to comment on my implementation and suggest any improvements
} you might think of.

As I expected, prompt_bart_setup is messed up by this and will have to
be adjusted again.  This is actually a bit annoying, because it's not
possible to test [[ -o promptsp ]] in an older version without causing
an error (as opposed to a nonzero status) so it's ugly to deal with in
a version-independent way.  I ended up with

    eval '[[ -o promptsp ]] 2>/dev/null'

Otherwise it seems to be working nicely.

An obvious documentation error:

 PROMPT_CR (+V) <D>
     Print a carriage return just before printing a prompt [...]

 PROMPT_SP (+V) <D>
     Attempt to preserve a partial line [...]

The +V command-line option doesn't really control both PROMPT_CR and
PROMPT_SP, does it?