Re: globbing and quoting in a function

Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Jul 19,  8:29am, Wayne Davison wrote:
> } Subject: Re: globbing and quoting in a function
> }
> }     alias lsnew='noglob lsnew'
> }
> } (I vaguely recall that having an alias call a function of the same
> } name might cause a problem in some older zsh versions, but it works
> } fine in 4.2.5.)
>
> The "problem" is still there.  See the last few paragraphs of FAQ
> question 2.3.

So my question is still open:

Consider the following command:
ls -tr -dl *(om[1,30])

Now I would like to create an alias/or a function/or whatever to make
the * variable.

I'd like to call:
lsnew *
lsnew a*

Is there an easy way to do it in zsh?

The only idea that I have at the moment is to create a script on the
fly and execute it.

Other ideas?

Stefan.