Re: cosmetic completion problem

    Hi Clint :)

 * Clint Adams <clint@xxxxxxx> dixit:
> While trying to reproduce a segfault, I noticed this.
>
> % touch "AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD EEEE FFFF GGGG HHHH IIII JJJJ KKKK LLLL MMMM NNNN OOOO PPPP "{1..50}
> % blah <hit tab a few times>
>
> A line is skipped when redrawing, and this does not get corrected
> until the matches start scrolling.

    Curious. If I try that (but with a longer name length, since I
have a 100 col-wide terminal) I have exactly the same instead of the
usual infinite loop or crash. The screen just messes up.

    This looks like confirming that the bug (well, the infinite loop
and the crash) only happens when any element in the list has exactly
$COLUMNS characters, including not only the "real" characters but
any backslash that metafies any other char. Longer filenames doesn't
seem to have this effect, although I should better test...

    BTW, Clint, which version of zsh are you using?

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to...