Re: PATCH: Re: Superfluous CRs trouble completion routines in Cygwin

On Oct 21,  2:39pm, Hannu Koivisto wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
}
} > output at all from complete-debug (ctrl-x question-mark)?  Does
}
} No, it segfaults when I hit C-x ?

Sorry, the interesting output in this case would have gone into a
file whose name begins with the value of $TMPPREFIX.  You won't see
anything on your terminal.  What I want to know is whether the file
contains anything.

} > change anything if you remove the \\0 (NUL) from the IFS assignment?
}
} No.  However, when I removed \\r the problem went away.

That most likely means it's a problem with "read" (or something that uses
the variables assigned by "read").

Do you experience any problems with, for example,

    print "trailing spaces    " | read -A array

??  I just don't see any reason why $'\r' would be magical.