Re: FreeBSD process substitution bug

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Oct 30,  4:33pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> } Subject: Re: FreeBSD process substitution bug
> }
> } +   test x`echo ok|(exec 3<&0; cat $zsh_cv_sys_path_dev_fd/3 2>/dev/null;)`
>  = xok && break
>
> I was going to suggest something like that, but I wonder if we should
> deliberately choose a higher-numbered descriptor than 3.

I thought about that.  We can't use 10 or higher as we'd like (that's
where the shell will put the fd's it uses) since the shell syntax
doesn't support it.  I couldn't think of any really good reason to pick
9 rather than 3, but it's an easy change that's at worst harmless if you
want to change it.  I've now committed the patch with an extra comment.

Web page still at http://www.pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk/