[4.3 CVS] funny output with multibyte

Hello,

I have been using the 4.3 devel branch (2006-01-21) for two weeks now
and find it quite stable and behaving nicely. Thanks for all the hard
work on multibyte!

There is one minor glitch I noticed. Here is how to reproduce it:

  1. Enter a command that will not return immediately (e.g. "sleep 10")
  2. Enter a few keystrokes before it returns, so that the screen is now

pc31 ~ $ sleep 10
azerty

  3. When the function returns, the screen turns into :

pc31 ~ $ sleep 10
azerty%
pc31 ~ $ azerty

Please note that the percent sign (%) is followed by spaces up to the
end of the line, and that there is no newline after that.

While it's not a major problem, I found that amazing. Bug or feature?

Thanks,
FX