Re: Libtool/zsh quoting problem

Hi Raúl ;),

On Feb 10 at 12:34:19, DervishD wrote:
> > I know. Libtool is quoting positional parameters which has shell
> > metacharacters in them. But it's no working because the string is
> > already split in that point. I've been looking at the libtool
> > script and i think the problem is in a 'for arg in' that it's
> > failing with zsh in doing the right splitting.
>
>     That's weird, because zsh doesn't split arguments at spaces in
> arguments to the for loop, unless SH_WORDSPLIT is set.

It's just a guess, i'm not sure if the problem is there.

>     that won't work!. The option will be reset as soon as zsh is
> invoked again as /bin/sh because it will be running in "sh" emulation
> mode (so to say).

When zsh is invoked as /bin/sh, shwordsplit is disabled, so that's
why i though that something went wrong because libtool was receiving
splitted parameters.

It happens with all zsh versions and libtool versions. I tested with
zsh-2.4.0 and zsh-4.3.0-dev-2 and several libtool 1.5.XX versions, from 1.5.6
to 1.5.22.

Thanks again,

--
David Gómez                                      Jabber ID: davidge@xxxxxxxxxx