Re: [SOLVED] Libtool/zsh quoting problem: a zsh... bug?

On Feb 11, 10:14am, Wayne Davison wrote:
}
} +		if (spbreak && (*s == Dnull || *s == Snull))
} +		    spbreak = 0;
}
} This will turn off word-splitting if the string started with a single or
} a double quote.  This is incomplete because the arg may be something
} more complicated (such as: 'one' 'two' 'three four'), but it seems
} better than what we have now.

I experimented with but rejected a similar patch back around the time
of the previous discussion because of what happens with ${1+word "$@"}.
It seemed better to me for the shell to behave consistently even if not
posixly-correctly, and I'm loathe to mask an obvious bug with a less-
obvious one.

However, I wouldn't object to Wayne's patch if others think it's a good
idea.

} One question I have is what to do about ${=1:"$@"}?  In the patch above,
} I chose to let the double quotes override the '='.  If that is not
} desired, change the new "if" to only trigger disallow an spbreak of 2:

I think the latter would be more consistent with other treatment of
${=...}, but again it's not a big deal.

--
Bart Schaefer
http://www.well.com/user/barts