Re: newuser in 4.3.0-dev-4 (Was: PATCH: newuser system)

Geoff Wing wrote:
> Geoff Wing <gcw@xxxxxxx> typed:
> : I think it should abort in a couple of cases:
> : a) when run as root.  root should probably have to make his/her own changes
> :    manually (though maybe other people would think otherwise)
> : b) when we don't have write access to the HOME directory, say, after an su
>
> Currently, for "b)", I get the effect of "which zsh-newuser-install" to the
> screen twice.

I wasn't able to reproduce that.  I created a new user with zsh as the
login shell and the directory owned by root.  Nothing showed up.  Then I
changed the directory to the new user and tried again.  It ran the
script.

My guess is that somewhere there is some hairy interaction between
function definitions and the code in the newuser script which is what is
directly run by the zsh/newuser module:

if functions zsh-newuser-install >/dev/null 2>&1 ||
   autoload -U +X zsh-newuser-install; then
   zsh-newuser-install
fi

Web page still at http://www.pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk/