Re: documentation update

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Mar 17, 10:19am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } It looks like the version there has different syntax: DEFINESYMBOL() now
> } takes two arguments.  Unless we can work out how to test for different
> } versions of yodl, we aren't going to be able to use this one.
>
> I recently compiled 1.31.18 from src.rpm, but I don't recall where I got
> the package.
>
> Anyway "yodl -W" returns the version string as the first line of its
> output.  (Not sure if the sourceforge-hosted variant does the same.)

The new version is 2.01.03.  It's pickier about lots of things.
However, the immediate problem is actually solved quite easily by using
IFDEF() internally to test the presence of the new functions.  I'm now
dealing with the less immediate but more important problem of trying to
ensure the output is OK with both older and newer versions.  I'm most of
the way there, but (guess what, YODL fans?) I'm seeing blank lines
presumably from some macro I've defined in the older version without
backslashes (looks like the new version is more robust about this---I
had to change the NL() macro to output CHAR(10) and hope that doesn't
break on some system).  Then I'll change the README---it doesn't seem
sensible to make it point at a version which isn't actually usable yet.