Re: "limit" broken on 64bit Linux?

On Jun 27, 12:42pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > We just installed a spanking-new Opteron machine with CentOS 4.3 for
} > the x86_64 architecture on it.  This is equivalent to RedHat EL4u3 and
} > comes with zsh-4.2.0 as a precompiled RPM.
} >
} > The "ulimit" (as opposed to uNlimit) command works fine, but the "limit"
} > command has nothing.
}
} I don't see why one should work rather than the other, but the first
} thing to check is rlimits.h.

I've just done a "cvs update" and am attempting to build on this machine,
but I don't get very far at all:

cd . && ./.preconfig
Can't locate object method "path" via package "Request" at
/usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/C4che.pm line 69, <GEN1> line 111.
./Util/preconfig: ./.preconfig failed (status 1)

I've already sent mail to the CentOS mailing list about this, but on the
off chance anyone has a clue I thought I'd mention it here as well.