Re: ${${~:-*}//(#m)*/$MATCH=$MATCH} fails

On 9/12/06, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
"Nikolai Weibull" wrote:
> Hm.  My intent doesn't seem to have been clear.  What I want it to do
> is print a list of files where each file is followed by an equal sign
> and the file again.  This is for passing args to mkisofs with the
> -graft-points option.

You can't do that with parameter matching; it doesn't do globbing, which
is a completely separate, and later, phase of command line expansion.

Try

*(e:'REPLY=$REPLY=$REPLY':)

Ah, thanks.  I was thinking that somehow the globbing could be done
inside the expansion somehow.  This is simpler.

 nikolai