Re: (zsh-4.3.2) Y03 test failure under Slackware Linux 9.0.0

Eric De Mund wrote:
> I'm experiencing a "make check" failure in test Y03 when building
> zsh-4.3.2 under Slackware Linux 9.0.0 on a i686-pc-linux-gnu host, as I
> experienced back in March of this year (Message-ID:
> <17433.46602.590991.508063@xxxxxxxxxxx>).

The failure is this:

*** /tmp/zsh.ztst.out.9272	Mon Nov 27 00:13:12 2006
--- /tmp/zsh.ztst.tout.9272	Mon Nov 27 00:13:12 2006
***************
*** 2,8 ****
  line: {tst -o +o }{}
  line: {tst -o +o }{}
  MESSAGE:{no arguments}
! line: {tst +o }{}
! line: {tst +o -o }{}
! line: {tst +o -o }{}
  MESSAGE:{no arguments}
--- 2,10 ----
  line: {tst -o +o }{}
  line: {tst -o +o }{}
  MESSAGE:{no arguments}
! line: {tst -+}{}
! MESSAGE:{no arguments}
! line: {tst -+}{}
! MESSAGE:{no arguments}
! line: {tst -+}{}
  MESSAGE:{no arguments}
Test ./Y03arguments.ztst failed: output differs from expected as shown above for:
 tst_arguments -+o
 comptest $'tst -\t\t\t\C-w\C-w+\t\t\t'
Was testing: option beginning with + and -.
./Y03arguments.ztst: test failed.

I can't this to happen with 4.3.2 on my Fedora machine, or with the
latest shell there or on Solaris.  It would be interesting to know if
it's still present in the version in the archive at the moment.

My best guess is that the two \C-w's in the test aren't wiping the -
from the previous line, "tst -o +o ".  That suggests $WORDCHARS doesn't
include "-" or it isn't having an effect for some reason.  That would
mean the test actually started the second set of completions with "tst
-+" on the line, which then behaved the way you'd expect, so the failure
isn't in the completion part at all.  This seems more likely than the
"-+" popping out of a failed completion.

What happens if you start from "zsh -f" (and "bindkey -e" if necessary)
and type:

% tst -o +o\C-w\C-w

does the - disappear (as it should)?  If not, what does "print -r
$WORDCHARS" show?