Re: configure should have --with-ncurses and --with-ncursesw

    Hi Peter :)

 * Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> dixit:
> Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > No-one commented on this.
>
> That's probably because this is MAC-specific and nobody knew what it
> meant.

    Not at all, AFAIK. The ncursesw library can be used in any Linux,
for example.

> > Zsh currently relies on curses compatibility links. I think it
> > should provide --with-ncurses and --with-ncursesw configure options
> > and be able to use the ncurses(w) API.
>
> I don't think there'll be any controversy if someone in a position to do so
> wants to provide configuration code to handle MAC-style libraries.  I don't
> know what ncursesw is but from what you say it sounds like it requires
> internal changes.

    The ncursesw library is the wide-char interface to the ncurses
library, or better said it is ncurses with wide-char support. As such,
it is not a MAC only thing (but I don't know if Zsh needs this or not
:??).

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado