Re: PATCH: _qtplay

(Yes, I know I'm replying to a *two year old* message, but, hey, I have a little backlog with my email. ;-) )

On May 9, 2005, at 8:51 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On May 9,  2:13pm, Jesse W wrote:
}
} I don't know if we want to include a mac-only program in the standard
} suite

That'd be what the Completion/Darwin/ tree is for, no?

} Let me know if there are any questions or suggestions...

Here's a suggestion:

} +     "(-)-f[read files as playlist]:*:playlists:_files" \

Surely not all files are playlists?  Is there some pattern that could
be used to identify playlist files, rather than completing all files?

I don't think there's any way to do that, as qtplay will accept *any* file and simply try to pull filenames out of it. I was hoping to gently suggest to people the *purpose* of the file, but really, the format (and extension) is entirely undefined.

Jesse Weinstein