Re: PATCH: curses module

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 22:01:28 -0400
Clint Adams <clint@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since there's little value in building this out-of-tree, I've reworked
> 23821 to build in-tree, renamed a few things, relicensed it, and adapted
> it to the New Module Way.
>
> Unfortunately it depends on wide character support in ncurses
> unconditionally.

I suppose it might be sensible to test for multibyte support early on in
configure and if it's present put ncursesw to the front of the library
search list?  (With last week's patch --with-term-lib=ncursesw works.)

Would it be more consistent to make zcurses the command name and
the action the first argument (c.f. zle, ztcp, zsocket, ...)?