Re: precmd, preexec, and supplied prompt themes

On Oct 13,  8:10pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: precmd, preexec, and supplied prompt themes
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > It's always seemed a bit clunky to me to do build up function names
} > by sticking the theme name in the middle, but that's at nit-pick.
} > Maybe all we need is another one of those functions, prompt_ZZZ_off
} > (or pick another word).
}
} We could do it with one level of indirection...

That deals with the nit-pick, but doesn't really answer the question of
what to do with PS1.

Maybe promptinit should store the original values of all the {R,}PS*
variables somewhere, so they can be put back on teardown.