Re: zsh 4.3.4 crashes in prompt-related code under Mac OS X

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2007-10-22 11:10:55 +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > Or maybe "shout" has got into some unusable state.  I suppose it's not
> > unreasonable to test it's not NULL, although it's rather paranoid.
>
> I don't know what is "shout", but I recall that the bug occurs only
> after some command (ssh, called via a zsh wrapper function) has run
> for several days. So, the environment had the time to change...

"shout" is the file used by the shell for interactive I/O.  It can't be
NULL globally since nothing interactive would work, but I'm wondering if
the prompt is being set up in a funny state in this case.

> I've reinstalled zsh with the patch.

I don't have that much hope, but it's worth trying.

> zsh 4.3.4 doesn't have !use_exit_printed, so I modified the above
> lines in the following way:

Should be fine.