Re: Geoff's prompt escape sequences patch (workers/23924)

On 18/10/2007, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just noticed this never got committed to CVS.  I've tried it and it is
> giving 99% of the correct behavior now (well, what I think is the correct
> behavior; I never tried ending a prompt by turning ON standout, before).
>
> The only glitch I can find by randomly fooling around is that completion
> sometimes erases a standout space to the left of the word, inserts a plain
> space, and then draws the completed word in standout, so you end up with
> a command line with a "hole" in it.  Any further redraw of the line after
> this point (such as completing again on a later word) repaints correctly
> and fills the hole.
>
> Fixing that probably means diving into the completion refresh code, so I
> think committing what Geoff has so far would be fine.

I've found another problem that seems to be caused by this patch
(located by git-bisect). When a bg'd job finishes, the cursor is drawn
in the wrong place in the new prompt (#bar characters to the left).
Pressing a key bound to reset-prompt fixes it.

The simplest test case i could find was
zsh -f
PS1="frobnizz %#"      #not really needed but since the default
depends on hostname...
RPS1="foo%(1j.bar.)"
true &

--