Re: Not finding named directories in subshells

On 13/12/2007, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Mikael Magnusson" wrote:
> > I don't see how this has anything to do with my issue though.
>
> If you don't have the option set to name directories automatically, then
> they're not automatically named.  They become named when referred to
> with a ~ in front.

But these are home directories of users, when I go there in the
"parent" shell, it works fine. Besides, setting the option doesn't fix
it. But I see now that subshells aren't special, it behaves in the
same way in the parent shell. So I guess I just want the hash -d -f in
my .zshenv after all.

--
Mikael Magnusson