Getting source file and line number of a function.

I see that zsh has now has array variables functrace and
funcstack. Functrace stack gives a function name and a line offset
from the function. But for many things involving location reporting,
it would more be desirable to have a filename and absolute line
location.

Alternatively, if there were a way to get the filename and line number
of the beginning of a given function, one can do some arithmetic to
get the absolute position.

Is there currently a way to get this information. Should I try at
submitting a patch?