Re: Submitting vcs_info function

* Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been working on this for quite some time now. vcs_info is a
> function that is able to get information about directories under
> version control. That information can be used in prompts, for example.

> I am submitting this for inclusion in the next zsh release - if the
> developers deem it to be worthy. I think Functions/Misc/vcs_info would
> be a proper place.

[...]

I just want to mention that I *love* this feature.

We at grml¹ have this feature in our Zsh configuration by default in
our current testing packages (thanks to Frank) - and all of us are
very happy with it. It's a feature I'd like to see in main zsh so
every user can benefit from it. :)

¹ http://grml.org/

-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins