Re: Help me track down a tough bug? (probably funcfiletrace, subshells and possibly I/O redirection)

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:31 AM, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:59:43 -0400
> "Rocky Bernstein" <rocky.bernstein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> My mistake. You are correct. This bug was introduced in paring down
>> the program and removing an initial truncate output (leaving the
>> subsequent append outputs). And I now see the answer to why output was
>> disappearing in the subshell which was my initial concern.
>
> OK, so it seems there's currently nothing for me to look at here.

Yep. Thanks for the help though.

>> Any thoughts on marking subshell level inside one of the stack traces
>> or having return inside trap DEBUG with a negative number cause an
>> immediate return?
>
> You can already force a return from the enclosing function from trap '...'
> DEBUG just by executing "return".  ...

Ok. I've just committed a gdb-style "return" statement then.

Thoughts about being able to see subshell nexting inside the various
traces? (The level number really isn't needed, just a bit to indicate
whether a new subshell was entered.)

Thanks.