Re: completion matching problem with 4.3.8

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:13:32 +0100
Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Peter wrote:
> > Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > There seems to be a problem with matching control.
> > Doesn't appear to be happening for me with the latest latest code.
>
> I've just checked and the problem doesn't occur on Linux. It does,
> however, occur on at least Solaris 10 5/08 sparc using the latest zsh
> from cvs, compiled with Sun Studio 12. Do you still have access to a
> Solaris system?
>
> I'll try to verify whether the problem occurs with a gcc build and on
> OpenSolaris/x86, Solaris 8 etc.

I couldn't see a problem with Solaris 8 and gcc, which is what I've got.

It would be useful to know if it showed up in non-file completions such as

_tst() {
  compadd -M 'm:{a-z}={A-Z}' -- \
  PacketDefinitionSAXHandler.h PacketListBox.cpp \
  PacketListBox.h PacketsDialog.h;
}

since the code to add matchers for file completion is separate and I've
changed it recently.