Re: Feature idea: Expanding on completion functions

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 23:23, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Without necessarily shooting down this idea, let me point out that
> completion functions don't have output.

No, no, feedback is good. Thanks for taking the time to write it out
in this level of detail.

> And then you have to decouple the stuff that performs the filtering
> from the stuff that displays the results in ZLE, which is the only
> place that any "output" goes right now.

Wouldn't a relatively easy way to do this be to copy all state and
execute the completion in this context? All the filtering etc could
happen in the normal way as all potentional output which is filtered
away is not interesting (to me) at that point, anyway.

Richard