Re: PATCH: edit-command-line with spaces in EDITOR

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 20:27, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> % EDITOR="connect-emacs editor -t"
> % $EDITOR myfile
> zsh: command not found: connect-emacs editor -t

I do that not often, but sometimes. Of course, I don't use spaces in $EDITOR
either. While one can argue that it's the user's duty to ensure a non-borked
config, the tools should not make it too easy to create broken & hard to
debug effects.
Personally, I would vote for extending the docs on why spaces in $EDITOR
can not be supported and disallowing it.
An alternative would be to have an option, but that seems like overkill, to
me.

RIchard