Plans for zle_highlighting?

Hi all,

what are the plans for zle_highlighting? Will it be extended into
supporting fully-fledged syntax highlighting[1]? Having the same colours
in Vim and ZSH would be awesome :)

Also, I think it would help to spur completion code development if there
was a highlighting context that matches everything the completion system
expects/does not expect to be there. Sprinkle some spelling correction
on top (think ls -colour or mplayer -force-idx; both very 'easy' typos
to make) and you have yet another feature at which ZSH excels.

Richard

PS: Yes, I remember the thread about accessing what the completion
system thinks should be put at the current position of the cursor. That
would very likely need to be addressed first.

[1] http://fishshell.org/screenshots.html