Re: Bug triage

On 12/29/08, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> reopen 381842
>  found 381842 4.3.6-7
>  thanks
>
>  On 2008-12-29 22:11:49 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
>  > I am triaging bugs against zsh in Debian's BTS.
>  > zsh 4.3.6 does not show this behaviour, any more.
>  >
>  > Re-open if I made a mistake, please.
>
>  The bug occurs when one types Ctrl-C at the first dpkg completion
>  (e.g. "dpkg -s lib[TAB]"), and before zsh could find the possible
>  matches. A shell variable _deb_packages_cache_installed gets defined
>  but contains nothing.
>
>  I can reproduce it all the time on my powerpc machine, but not on
>  x86_64 (but perhaps because this x86_64 machine is so fast I cannot
>  type Ctrl-C early enough).
>
>  I can also reproduce it on my Nokia N810 with a zsh 4.3.9 I compiled.
>
>  I don't know how this can be fixed, but something like: do not
>  define this variable when the function that computed this cache
>  had been interrupted, or regard an empty variable as an invalid
>  cache.

Seems that not defining the variable when the function that defined it
was interrupted would be best, if it's not too tough to implement.
Regarding an empty variable as invalid is still better than allowing
an empty variable, but depending on the code (which I haven't looked
at) it might be able to create a variable holding only part of a valid
cache.

Just something to think about.

~Matt