Re: Don't suggest completion functions when 'correcting' on non-existant commands

Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
[...]
> On Dec 31,  7:12pm, Frank Terbeck wrote:
> }
> } Here's a possible solution for this:
> } <http://bewatermyfriend.org/posts/2007/12-26.11-50-38-tooltime.html>
>
> That's not really a solution; it just replaces the correction prompt
> with a different prompt.

Well, to me it's not really another prompt, because you're not
actually prompted for anything. It's merely a warning message, that
gets displayed below the prompt. If you hit enter again, the
command line is processed normally (probably with command correction
kicking in). So, it does prevent a prompt the first time you hit
enter.

E.g.: If it's due to a not-yet-installed piece of software you can
push-input the current cmdline, aptitude-install (or whatever way your
OS does it) and then just hit enter to have the pushed command
executed - with the missing program installed.

> It might be interesting for other reasons.

What would those reasons be? ...maybe you see use-cases I didn't see,
yet. :-)

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925