Re: Test D03 hang under cygwin 1.7

Hello, Peter -

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Peter A. Castro <doctor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Vin Shelton wrote:
>> Under the soon-to-be-released Cygwin 1.7, I downloaded the latest CVS
>> sources and ran a build from scratch.  I'm getting a test hang in D03:
>
> I've seen this only once before under 1.5, but not lately in any of my
> test builds.  Are you running a multi-processor/hyper-threaded machine?
> If so, what's the configuration?

Yes - I'm running this on my core-2 duo, T7250.  What other
configuration info would you like?

> At the point of the hang, do a 'ps' and
> see how many zsh shells are currently running.  This might be a race
> condition which can be coded around depending on the exact configuration
> needed to cause the condition.

There are 2 instances of the shell running:
     3632    3956     404       1792    0 1003 22:48:00
/usr/local/build/zsh-2009-02-12/Src/zsh
     1760    3632     404       3128    0 1003 22:48:51
/usr/local/build/zsh-2009-02-12/Src/zsh

HTH,
  Vin